By Richard E. Tashian, Nicholas D. Carter (auth.), Harry Harris, Kurt Hirschhorn (eds.)
Read Online or Download Advances in Human Genetics PDF
Best genetics books
Spotting the $64000 contributions that genomic research could make to agriculture, construction and spouse animal technological know-how, evolutionary biology, and human healthiness with recognize to the production of types for genetic problems, the nationwide Academies convened a bunch of people to devise a public workshop that may: (1) determine those contributions; (2) determine power study instructions for latest genomics courses; and (3) spotlight the possibilities of a coordinated, multi-species genomics attempt for the technological know-how and policymaking groups.
- Vertebrate Sex Chromosomes (Reprint of: Cytogenetic and Genome Research 2002, 1-4)
- Genetic subgroupings of the Semitic languages: Ph.D. dissertation.
- Somatic Cell Genetics of Woody Plants: Proceedings of the IUFRO Working Party S2. 04–07 Somatic Cell Genetics, held in Grosshansdorf, Federal Republic of Germany, August 10–13, 1987
- Genetic Governance. Health, Risk and Ethics in the Biotech Era
Extra resources for Advances in Human Genetics
30. , and Tashian, R. , 1973, Evidence for linkage of carbonic anhydrase isozyme genes in the pig-tailed macaque, Macaca nemestrina, Nature (London) New Bioi. 242:55. 31. , and Tashian, R. , 1973, Genetic variation in the carbonic anhydrase isozymes of macaque monkeys. III. Biosynthesis of carbonic anhydrases in bone marrow erythroid cells and peripheral blood reticulocytes of Macaca nemestrina, Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 158:365. 32. , and Tashian, R. , 1973, Genetic variation in the carbonic anhydrase isozymes of macaque monkeys.
Tanis, R. , Tashian, R. , and Ferrell, R. E .. 1973, Characterization of a new variant of human red cell carbonic anhydrase I, CA If London ( Glu-102 ~ Lys), Biochem. Genet. 7:399. 22. Carter, N. , Tashian, R. , Huntsman, R. , 1972, Characterization of two new variants of red cell carbonic anhydrase in the British population: CA Ie Portsmouth and CA Ie Hull, Am. J. Hum. Genet. 24:330. 23. , 1970, Effects of phosphate, HE PES, N 2 0 and CO on the kinetics of human erythrocyte carbonic anhydrases B and C, Biochim.
PHYLOGENETIC VARIATION Comparative Activities The carbonic anhydrase isozymes and their activities have now been examined in a number of mammalian species. , ruminants, cat, dolphin). References concerned with these species can be found in the sections in this chapter on genetic variation; in addition, see references 17, 106, 140, and 144. The single red-cell carbonic anhydrases that have been tested from these species all show high specific C02 hydrase activity, and as such, appear to be homologous to the CA II of other mammals.
Advances in Human Genetics by Richard E. Tashian, Nicholas D. Carter (auth.), Harry Harris, Kurt Hirschhorn (eds.)